What's happening in and around Cromer this weekend?
PUBLISHED: 13:54 28 June 2018 | UPDATED: 14:26 28 June 2018
(c) copyright newzulu.com
There's lots going on in and around Cromer this weekend (June 30 - July 1, 2018).
There’s lots going on in and around Cromer this weekend (June 30 - July 1, 2018).
And here are just a few things you can enjoy in our area of the north Norfolk coast.
- Cromer Hospital Fete welcomes a host of special guests including Darth Vader, Stormtroopers and the star of Normal for Norfolk, Desmond MacCarthy to the event on June 30.
It will run from 10am - 3pm and money raised will go towards funding the hospital.
- The Honey Pot Cafe will be opening Cromer’s first accessible changing places facility at its opening event on June 30.
Visit the cafe on Louden Road from 11am.
- Head just two miles out of Cromer and along the coast to Overstrand, where the Belfry Centre for Music and Arts will welcome whisky expert Pat Barrow for a tasting evening on Saturday, June 30.
Tickets are £15 on the door or £13.50 in advance.
- You could visit the village of Mundesley for their annual soap box derby, hosted by the air scouts.
It will be held from 11am - 3pm with racing beginning at midday.
- The North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust are holding a mini cruise from 2pm. The hour-long return boat trip will take in a restored section of the 19th-century canal as well as taking in the area’s wildlife .
Booking required, £5, 07585 160772 or visit: www.nwdct.org
- Holkham Hall will host the Outlaw Half Holkham triathlon this Sunday at Holkham Estate, in North Norfolk.
Nearly 1500 triathletes will take on the 1.2mile swim, 56mile bike ride and 13.1mile run in an heat wave.
Spectators are invited to watch the race, with the fastest athletes expected to cross the finish line at around 10:30am, and the final cut off time at 4pm.
There will be various local pop-up food and drinks stalls available, as well as the usual café facilities remaining open during the weekend.
Anything else? Have we missed an event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your event at enjoycromermore.co.uk/tell-us-your-story