11 things you’ll only understand if you live on the North Norfolk Coast
PUBLISHED: 16:36 24 May 2016 | UPDATED: 17:28 18 October 2017
Stephen Mole Photos
From struggling with tourists to learning to cope with extreme weather conditions, here are eleven things you’ve probably experienced if you live on the North Norfolk Coast.
1. You’ve learnt that tourist season can be more stressful than Christmas shopping.
2. Though shopping can also prove to be a real challenge and you often either have to drive miles to get what you need or resort to shopping online.
3. You’ve been to the Cromer Pier Show more times than you can count.
4. Public transport can be problematic.
5. You’ve become hardened to pretty much all weather conditions by this point.
6. You’re also somewhat of a pro when it comes to gillying, thanks to years of practice.
7. Sometimes it’s hard to remember why people go on expensive holidays when there’s a perfectly good beach just down the road.
8. You’ve tried to recreate the scene from Shakespeare in Love where Gwyneth Paltrow is ship wrecked on Holkham beach at least once.
9. You wouldn’t be fazed if you walked down the street and bumped into these guys:
10, No matter what anyone says, you know that coastal town rivalry is a real thing.
11. You know all too well that the coast is much more than just a “place to go on holiday”.
•What do you love or loathe about living on the North Norfolk coast? You can leave your comments below.